Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Patty Young's Upcoming Bag Pattern - Stella

You all know I love bags.  LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  Especially the handmade variety!  So when Patty Young asked me to test a pattern for an upcoming bag design she was releasing, I was thrilled!  TOTALLY up my alley.  And since it was Patty, I knew it would be fantastic!  And she did not disappoint.

Patty's soon to be released pattern, STELLA will be available this month at Quilt Market.  You can pre-order it from her website if you want to make sure you get it as soon as it is released.




Most of the bags that I make are my very own patterns, so working from a pattern again was a little nerve-wracking at first.  But thanks to Patty's great instructions, it was like riding a bike.  Easy breezy.  The bag even has a zipper.  Zippers intimidate me.  I generally stay away from them.  But this one was so simple that I can guarantee I will do it again.

Lots of options with this pattern:


I chose the vertical stripwork design for my bag.  And picked the fabulous teal/red combo from Patty's Flora & Fauna line.



Doesn't that zipper look great?  And the best part....I got it right the very FIRST time!  Yep.  Not so intimidated by zippers any longer.

 

The bag is a GREAT size and was really easy to put together.  I give it two thumbs up Patty!!

Check out Patty's blog to learn more background on how STELLA came about.  And be sure and pre-order/order yours to try yourself!  I plan on making another one in the smoke/grey Flora & Fauna colorway.  And for those who don't want to make one and like the one above, be sure and check my website because this one will go in my shop at the end of the month.