Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cell Phone Inserts the DIY Way

Are you completely obsessed with all of the cool cell phone cases/covers out there? I know that I am. I just change them out to fit my mood or needs (funky with bright colors, one that has a clip, etc...).



I currently have 8 (yep, 8) that I have purchased over the past 2 years.  I can't help myself.....I just love changing things up.  But I will admit, that gets pricey if you are paying full retail price for them (I personally like overstock.com and ebay.com for cheaper ones).   The Paul Frank monkey one is what is on my phone right now.  $5.00 on eBay.  That is probably the best deal I have found on one I have liked.  They generally retail for $20+.

Well, if you are obsessed like me, I have the DIY tutorial for you.  I came across this tutorial via Twitter and thought that this lady was brilliant!  Why the heck did I not think of this already?  It seriously would have saved me a good chunk of money.

What are they?  Cell phone case inserts.  How genius (and EASY!) is this???  All you need is a clear cell phone cover and some scrapbook paper or fabric!

You can find her tutorial here.

{photo credit:  Oops!  I craft my pants}

I plan on making at least 12 to start.  :D  I already have TONS of scrapbooking paper (and FABRIC) to choose from!

Anyone else going to admit that this tute made you do a little jig because you have a cell phone case/cover addiction???  Fess up peeps!  I can't be the only one!