Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

River Weekend and a Bittersweet Day

We had a whirlwind of a weekend.  My little bitty godchild (who isn't so little now) graduated from high school this week.  It was bittersweet for me because I remember well the day he was born and when he was little.  It seems like the past 18 years has just flown by and I missed it all.  And now he is a man. 

We drove up to Wimberly (not far from Austin) to celebrate with Kaiman and his family this major accomplishment.  It isn't every day that you receive your high school diploma.  I am extremely proud of him and wish we lived closer to see what kind of adult he turns out to be.  I know he will do great things!  I will see him occasionally and get updates from his mama, but it isn't the same thing as having them close by.  Sniff, sniff.  Sarah and I have been friends since Middle School and she is one of those friends that knows all of my secrets.  Really more like family....both of them.  I love them both.

Ok, enough mushy stuff.  Otherwise I might cry.  I took lots of pictures.  The house Sarah rented for the celebration was AMAZING!  I apologize in advance for the picture overload.  I really did try and narrow it down.

{click on the pictures to make them larger}

To start it off....

Proud mama and the graduate.


Just so you understand how big our little boy is, I am 5'8 and Troy and Sarah are about 5'11.  Isn't he handsome?

One of him and I.  Dang sun was BRIGHT!


Two of my favorite boys.....


And now on to the house.....I almost felt like I was in a modern day castle.  It has lots of natural wood beams and built ins, tons of stone and even a turret styled tower for the Great Room.  GORGEOUS!!

Isn't the "tower" cool?


Double entrances.


The ceiling of the Great Room.  How freakin' cool is that?  It forms a peak.


The really cool chandelier.  Not really my personal style but it fit right in the design of this house.


One of the back porches.  The stairs go up to an upstairs balcony overlooking the river.


Another view.


Another view of the front of the house.


The HUGE back porch.  I love all the windows. You can see the river from pretty much everywhere in the house.


Par-tay on the river!  I actually did not get in.  I saw a snake swimming and that did it for me.  I hate snakes!  In fact, Troy just killed a water moccasin in our backyard last week.  YUCK!!  But I did walk down, dip my feet in (a toe I think??) and enjoyed the view.  This view is from the back deck.


The view from the back deck looking directly out.


I want to move in.  Who wants to help me pay the mortgage?