Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Furniture Find

So I was browsing some blogs last week and came across this post about a beautiful dining room table and hutch that someone had purchased at craigslist.com for a steal. I decided to take a peek and see what we had in our area. I love antique furniture and am not afraid of items that need some TLC. Well, lo and behold this is what I found. The pieces are in EXCELLENT conditions body wise. Even the fabrics aren't that bad for pieces that are this old. They will need to be recovered and some of the springs replaced on the chair but overall, these pieces are beautiful. And best of all, they are a matching set! Check out the detailed roses on the loveseat and chair. I got all three of these pieces for a steal.......$175. WHAT?? Yep! I ALMOST felt bad for taking them for so little. Funny story on that......the couple we bought them from, come to find out, were good friends of Troy's parents. Small world. My plan for this set is to put them in my new sewing room (if we ever sell this house and build). For now, they are happy in my sunroom.



Love the shape of this chair and the tufted back. The stain is a rich mahogany. More brown than cherry.



The beautiful ornate rose on both pieces.



The loveseat.





The table. This table does not have ONE scratch on it.