Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Flurry of Activity!

Whew. This week has been nuts and it isn't over yet. Fun kinda nuts though. We had all three kids school holiday parties on Thursday and Friday which were jammed packed with crafts, snacks, gift exchanges and all around holiday cheer. Let me just say, I completely admire all of these teachers and respect all that they do with our children every day. They are Saints in my book. I don't see where they find the patience sometimes.

Leading up to the parties was ME, in my sewing room, busily trying to finish all three aprons (pics will be shared soon) that the girls wanted me to make for their teachers. They had a great time picking out the fabrics and the theme of the embroidery. I am happy to say that they were a HUGE hit. Their teachers loved them.

I can FINALLY say that I am done with all of my Christmas shopping AND wrapping of everything. Now I am just looking forward to seeing the faces of all of our family and loved ones that will open them. :)

And a true highlight of our weekend was visiting with one of my best friends, Sarah, and my godchild, Kaiman, who I do not get to see often enough. Kaiman is going to be 17 soon (SNIFF) and has grown into one handsome, well mannered, all around great young man! His parents should be proud. I still remember the day he was born (double SNIFF) and can't believe how fast he has grown up. I will share pics of them soon too.

Tomorrow is going to be another fun day. My dad's birthday is Christmas Eve and we always celebrate it with a Prioux family get-together consisting of Popeye's Fried Chicken and German Chocolate Cake (my dad's favorite!). My grandma was the one to always make my dad's cake and I am sad that we will have to celebrate without her this year. I know she will be with us in spirit, but it is going to be a hard Christmas without her.

I am in the process of getting things organized to bring Priddy Creations into 2009 with a bang. It is a slow process though because what I want most right now is to just enjoy the rest of the year with my family. Sarah gave me a book titled "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" and just the little bit I have read has really given me a new perspective. While business is extremely important to me, my family comes first and I have decided that I am going to put things aside (for now) and just enjoy. I love what I do though and I am sure that my itch to create will win out a little. But my little list of projects has been tucked away in my planner for now. :)

I hope everyone is taking time to just breathe and relax with their families and friends this holiday season. Before we know it, 2009 will be here and we will all wonder where the time has gone. I already feel that way about 2008.

Amy