Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekend & Some Recent Projects

It.Was.The.Longest.Weekend.Ever.

How is that for a blog intro?  If you follow me on Twitter, you kind of already know what is happening at the Priddy household.  Germs, germs and more germs which reared their ugly head Thursday afternoon.  Not only are two out of three of my kids sick, but so is hubs.  It has really put a halt on our best laid plans and needless to say, all the plans went right out the window.  Baylee and I are praying, knocking on wood, keeping our fingers and toes crossed and hoping that we do not get what they have.  They made a trip to the doctor today, got some meds and will hopefully be feeling much better very soon!  My poor boy is looking pretty beat up.  His double ear infection and throat infection has really taken him down.

This is what is occupying a lot of my counter space.


I am blaming this really cruddy weather.  One day it is perfect and in the 70s.  Next day it is in the high 30s with rain.  Just too much for their little systems to take I guess.  That is my story and I'm sticking to it.  No really......it seems that there is a lot of sickness going around the kids' schools.  Even the teachers are getting it.  I am soooooooo ready for Spring.  Ready to open the windows and get some fresh air in this house!

But even with all of that, I have managed to get some sewing done.  The house isn't in perfect condition, but I am working on that.

Thanks to some great features and mentions on two fabulous blogs (the Savvy Photography and Today's Creative Blog), my sewing machine has been humming with a lot of custom work.

Like this one....(this is one of my favorite fabric line that was unfortunately discontinued)



It is a new size that I will be adding to my inventory.  I am calling it my "compact" camera bag and it is sized in between my small and medium camera bags that I currently offer.  So keep an eye out for this size!


I also made a few lotus pins to add some extra flair to a few custom orders....




I even squeezed in a few new products!!


I am so stinkin' excited to get my Flora and Fauna fabric in.  This will be the first of MANY products using this gorgeous fabric.  You can find this READY TO SHIP reversible camera strap here.

And a brand spankin' new product with a little twist.....grosgrain ribbon reversible camera strap.


I used fun and vibrant grosgrain ribbon for one side and a fun, cotton polkadot for the other side.  This one is also READY TO SHIP and can be found here.

And last but certainly not least.....FINALLY......a camera bag/gadget bag for point and shoots and your smaller electronics like iPhones, iTouch, etc.....



Also READY TO SHIP and can be found here.

This little bag was made using a Keyka Lou pattern.  More styles and fabric selections to come very soon!  My daughter is patiently waiting for me to make her one for her new camera she got for Christmas.

I still have lots more sewing to do but thankfully I am making good progress even with our untimley Germ Fest.  Please keep your fingers and toes crossed that Bay and I do not get it and that the rest of my crew gets better soon.  We are sanitizing and washing our hands like it is going out of style.  Lysol and Oust is our new favorite scents!

Additionally, as posted previously, I am officially cutting back my custom bag work for the next few weeks (possibly months) due to our crazy, busy schedules.  If you want to be put on a waiting list for a custom order, please contact me directly or subscribe to my mailing list or blog (see link on top left column of my blog) to be the first to know when I will open up a custom slot.  If my schedule opens up, I will offer a custom or two as my time allows.  Otherwise, any new bags will be ready to ship.

Hope everyone has a germ-free week and your family is healthy!!  This sick stuff is for the birds.