Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Fun Project for My Creative Team Challenge!

Happy Monday everyone!  I really hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend and Easter celebration (for those that celebrate)!  I will share pics and details on ours (it is a two part post) later this week. 

We had a fun and super busy weekend.  That is how we roll these days.  So busy that my Creative Team Challenge completely slipped my mind until last night.  YIKES!!  I kept going back and forth on what I wanted to do (hence the procrasitnation).  Finally decided on something last night that has been on my "to do" list for a while.  I have made a couple of these for the kids journal projects but have been wanting to make more for gifts, personal projects and possibly adding to my shop. 

What you ask?  Well, a notebook cover of course!  :D  I have been seeing lots of really cute notebook covers out there for a while now and even ordered me one from another designer recently.  However, some of the other ones I wanted were just more than I wanted to spend.  Especially since I can make them myself.  And I completely forgot how easy these are to make!  So, this is what I decided on for my next Creative Team challenge.



I used some of Patty Young's new Flora & Fauna fabric in teal and red.  The fabric selection was inspired by Tessa Ann's fabulous "Retro Blue Bird" buttons!  I think they coordinate with the fabric PERFECTLY!



Aren't they fabulous??  And don't they go well with Patty's fabric?


The cover fits the composition book snugly and perfectly!  Now what to do with it?


I can't decide if I want to keep it, have a giveaway on my blog or list it.  What do you think?  Leave me a comment with your vote.

An exciting little tidbit.....we were blessed with 4 little kittens Easter morning.  If you follow me on Twitter, you already heard the news.  A stray that adopted us (we call her Oreo) had some sweet babies!  Oreo and her babies will get a post all their own this week.  I promise to share pictures!

Also, be sure and check out Tessa Ann's blog today for my Creative Team challenge spotlight.  It will be up some time today!!