Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Ethan's Mother's Day Tea

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day and enjoyed time with their loved ones.  We had a great weekend!  I am plan on breaking it up into two posts so that I don't bombard you too much with pics.  I actually remembered to take my camera to ALL the celebrations.

Friday kicked us off with a Mother's Day Tea at Ethan's school.  I just want to say that Ethan's teacher is the best!!  He is one of 9 boys in his class (only 2 girls) and they can be a handfull (especially all together).  His teacher has more patience than anyone I have ever met!  She really went out of her way to make this Mother's Day Tea as special for the kids as it was for the Moms.

Isn't my sweet boy handsome?


They started out with a little song (two classes participated in this).  It was so cute watching them sing their individual parts in the song.


Ethan's part consisted of him putting on a clown hat and his part was something like "My mom will put on a clown hat when I am sad to cheer me up."  Sorry peeps, that is the gist of what I remember.  It was so cute!  Ethan had a hard time getting his hat on so that caused the boys to get to giggling.


I digress a little...while listening to the kids sing, I look down and see this:


How can a pair of shoes we just got at Christmas be SO worn out already??  Are your kids as rough on their shoes as mine are?

After the song, we walk into the classroom to enjoy a Tea Party.  On each kids' desk is a little form they filled out about their Mom.  When my Mom and I read it, we literally laughed out loud (my Mom cackled).  Before I show it to you, a little confession....

I don't like to cook.  I CAN cook, but I just don't like to.  My poor Mom has tried many times to get me to like it.  She just doesn't understand how I can not like to cook when she cooks all the time and did while I was growing up.  Just never have.  Now baking....whole other story!

Check out what Ethan put in one of his sections:


Can you read it?  It says "My Mom can do many things!  I think she's best at COOKING."  LMAO!!  We cracked up at that.  My lack of cooking has been a family joke forever!!  Then my mom asked him what I cook for him and he answered "Brownies!"  Atta boy!  Who the heck needs food when you can get brownies?

After we got a good laugh, the kids served us sweet tea and muffins.  I am not a tea person but I did sip it slowly and make "mmmmmm...." sounds.  He was so proud of his little party!


Maw-Maw got to enjoy this tea party with us.  He loves his Maw-Maw!


They finished up the party with one last gift for us Mom's......


It was a fun day!!  I will share the rest of our weekend later in the week.  Hope you all had a great weekend as well!!