Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Turnaround Time for Custom Items - What is Reasonable?

 Ok fellow peeps, I need some input.  I have seen lots of discussion (mostly complaining) out there recently about reasonable turnaround time for custom items.  I would really love to hear from you as to what you consider reasonable/unreasonable.  We will use my products and turnaround times as a jumping off point.

Custom Camera Straps:  5-7 business days;


Custom Lens Cozies:  5-7 business days;


Everything else (custom camera bags, laptop cases, eReader cases, custom totes, etc....):  10-14 business days.


Ready to ship items ship within 3 business days.

My giveaway items fall under the same shipping turnaround times.  I work them in as if they were a custom order and do them by date and in order of receipt.  Is that how other sellers work their giveaway prizes?  Or does giveaway winnings fall into a whole different category with regard to turnaround time?

Is that reasonable?  I want to make sure that you are getting your custom item as quickly as possible but have to factor in family, kids and work stuff as well when setting my turnaround time.  I have always thought that my turnaround time was reasonable and after reading and hearing what others have said recently, I am thinking I am doing pretty good!  LOL!  Am I off base?  What do you consider reasonable for different items?

BUSINESS OWNERS - A Question for You:

What is your turnaround time for your custom items?  I would love to compare and see what kind of feedback you have received regarding your turnaround time.  It seems that turnaround time varies from one end of the spectrum to the other.  For example.... I saw where one seller was taking 4 weeks for a camera strap to be made (WHAT?) and another ships within 24 hours (maybe those were ready to ship??).  Is there a happy median?


Another quick question.....I generally limit the number of custom orders I take on (especially with my more time consuming products like camera bags) because I do not want to extend or make my turnaround time longer.  Does that matter?  Would you rather me take on more custom orders even though you might have to wait longer to get your item??  When is it too long to wait?  Would it be ok with you to have to wait 4 weeks to get a custom camera strap or lens cozy?  Or how about 6-8 weeks to get a custom bag?  Things that make me go hmmmmmm.........  Really, this input would help me figure out what I will do with custom orders during the Summer months when my heathens sweet babies are home for Summer break.

Please don't be shy and jump in on this discussion.  I am sure that I am not the only one who would benefit from all the feedback.  And thanks in advance for any feedback you can share!!