Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Crazy Weekend and Some Inspiration

This weekend has been one fun, crazy, exhausting and long week.  Our Friday started with a softball tournament which consisted of 3 softball games.  Saturday started early with 2 more softball games.  We came out of that victorious!!  Our girls won the whole tournament!  It was just a little local tournament and instead of trophies, the girls got t-shirts (I prefer this....they don't collect dust).


We finished off our Saturday with reconciliation for Mollee, 2 basketball games and basketball pictures.  My rear end is completely protesting all of the bleacher sitting I did this weekend.  I think I will be making me a little custom cushion this week to save my rear next weekend.  We hit the gym at 11:45 a.m. and didn't get done til 6:00 p.m.  Whew.  It was fun but tiring.

Sunday consisted of some much needed TLC given to my house.  The laundry is all clean (although still sitting in baskets to be folded.....I won't even tell you how many loads need to be folded).  I also promised Baylee and Mollee that we would go see a good friend of Baylee's at her cheer competition.  This was a first for all of us and I felt completely out of place.  LOL!  I have always been a sports girl and have never done cheer or gymnastics.  It was a lot of fun though but so far from my everyday world!  The girls loved it although I was thankful and relieved that it wasn't something they wanted to do.  I don't know if I could be a cheer mom!  It is a ton of hard work and something I know nothing about.  I would be completely out of my element.

Some highlights of the week for me creatively were some new items.


This camera bag was a custom for a Twitter friend.  I love the contrasting colors.  The classic polkadots really makes the vibrant floral really pop!

She should get the bag in the next day or so and I hope that she loves it as much as I do!



I made this fun knitters' bag for the mom of one of high school buds.  It was one of two I made for her.  It is HUGE and perfect for toting around all of those knitting projects!



This fun little messenger bag was for Mollee for school.  I started this in August (hiding behind my hands) and am just now finishing it.  Thank goodness my kids are patient with me.  I used a corded patchwork fabric that Mollee loved!  You will see a similar version of this bag hopefully soon up for sale!



And what about this gorgeous fabric for some inspiration?


This gorgeous fabric is from Patty Young's new line....Flora & Fauna.  I seriously cannot wait to cut into all this good stuff.  And just in case you are wondering how this affects my fabric stash busting....it doesn't.  No rules broken!  I pre-ordered this before the stash busters' challenge.  So I am good!  And I am seriously enjoying it since this will be the last fabric package I will be getting til the challenge is over.

Another little project in the works.....


I will share more on this once it is done.  Super happy with the progress so far though.  Isn't my oldest gorgeous?  :)

So how was your weekend?