Priddy Creations Blog Has MOVED!!
Please be patient as this page re-directs.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Office Re-Do

Well, it isn't a TOTAL re-do. I basically took our formal dining room and turned it into my office. My office space used to be in my sewing room but it was starting to get a little too cramped in there. If I could ever get rid of all of my beading supplies, I would have a lot more room in there. :) Will I miss my formal dining room? Nope. We are not the formal dining room kind of family. Why did I have one you ask? Welllllllllll......we have our house on the market and I was trying to "stage" it. I decided to heck with that and might as well turn it into a room that we will actually use. I have added some fun new items and it was sooo much fun shopping! :) My inspiration was my red and black table and toile chair.

Here are a few pics:



Like my $2 find in Canton for my business cards and Moo cards? It is an antique soap dish holder. LOVE IT!



My little lamp shade was done in some scrap fabric I had leftover from my chair re-do. It was just a solid white linen. The trim at the bottom is beaded and I added velvet ribbon at the top. My pics are horrible! There isn't a lot of natural light in this room.



Ignore the picture in the frame. I have not decided what pic I want to put in there. I found these bookend for $7.50. The little red cardinal was my grandma's. I have always loved it and am happy with it's new home.



Some cute baskets bought at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off.



Wrapped ribbon on clearance at Joann's.



I love, love, love fabric boxes! This will help hide some of my clutter like labels, paper, etc...



Some signage above my arched doorway leading to my sewing room.

I am not quite done but happy with how it is coming together. I think that I am going to wallpaper the back of the bookshelf. Should I do something in red or black and white (like a damask type print)?? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!!

Amy